Monday, February 16

Nottingham Forest aren’t taking things lightly when it comes to the future of Morgan Gibbs-White. The club is reportedly weighing legal action over what it believes is a breach of confidentiality in Tottenham Hotspur’s pursuit of their star midfielder.

According to sources close to the club, Forest is fuming over Spurs’ approach, claiming that Premier League protocol was ignored. At the heart of the dispute is a reported £60 million release clause tied to Gibbs-White’s contract—one that Forest says was not supposed to be public knowledge.

Tensions spiked when reports surfaced that Gibbs-White was set for a medical on Friday, hinting that Tottenham had already initiated direct talks with the player. But Forest insists they never gave permission for any such discussions to take place, a move that would directly violate league rules.

“The threat of legal action isn’t just talk,” a Forest insider said. “They’re ready to do whatever it takes to protect their position.”

Despite the looming legal drama, Spurs remain optimistic they can get the deal over the line.

Gibbs-White has become a cornerstone of Forest’s squad since arriving from Wolves in 2022 in a deal that could rise to £42.5 million. In just under 120 games, he’s chalked up 18 goals and 28 assists—impressive numbers that have helped him earn a call-up to the national team under new manager Thomas Tuchel.

The buzz around his potential exit comes shortly after another major move at the City Ground, as winger Anthony Elanga agreed to join Newcastle United in a deal reportedly worth £55 million.

For now, Forest are standing firm—and this transfer window might just get a bit more heated.

Share.

Comments are closed.

Exit mobile version